Products & Technology
CGI uses a proprietary panelized system to mass produce all-inclusive, ready-to-assemble, and highly energy efficient residential and commercial structures (including schools, feeding centers, medical facilities, hotels, etc.) that can be shipped to any part of the world in standard shipping containers. The can be erected in one sixth of the time required for comparable site-built structures. CGI’s products are designed to enable the economical construction of high quality, affordable, residential and commercial buildings. Through the integration of innovative technology that is supported by a strategic partnership with BASF, Crane’s structures are engineered to be environmentally-friendly, mold resistant, airborne disease resistant, and to provide a high level of energy efficiency. Furthermore, Crane’s building system has mitigated on-site waste and production delays due to inclement weather.Back to Top
The CGI Structural Shell
- Galvanized STEEL wall and roof framing, treated for anti-corrosion
- Insulation in stud cavity and for thermal break
- Paperless drywall
- Cool-Metal roof system
- Energy-star rated windows & exterior doors
- HVAC, Plumbing, Electric & Structured wiring in walls
- All interior fixtures and finishes included in container
SEE PDF ATTACHED CGI Wall Assembly
Back to Top
The CGI Complete Home Package
Everything needed to fully construct a home are included in the shipping container—from structural framing through fixtures and finishes.
The benefits of this approach are:
- Critical components have been pre-assembled in climate- and quality-controlled factory
- Simplicity of assembly—can be done by unskilled workers
- No difficult framing cuts or calculations required
- Speed of assembly
- No trips to local stores
- No waiting for critical deliveries
- No waste
- Use the shipping container for staging, keep workspaces clear and uncluttered
Manufacturing & Containerization
CGI has developed a proprietary containerization assembly process that allows us to produce high quality structures at an incredible pace.
- State-of-the-art technology
- Rigorous quality control
- Climate-controlled environment
- Capable of producing up to 30 homes per day at full capacity.
- All items needed for the assembly of a complete and occupancy-ready home are in the container
Back to Top
CGI structures can be easily assembled by local workers, in some cases in as little as 7 days. CGI provides site supervision services as well as training at its manufacturing facility to certify a local project manager on the assembly process.
This video highlights the assembly process and the new paradigm of scheduling work in HOURS instead of DAYS or WEEKS.
This video highlights the profound impact that a CGI-built school can have, and more importantly the introduction of new construction technologies to uplift communities.Back to Top